I visited this blog, one that I never knew existed, and was flooded with memories and sorrow over love lost. That you visited my home while I was pregnant with my 3rd most amazing child, Chloe was a shocking, but relieving revelation. Knowing someone cares and will always care for me is a sense of security that stands the test of time.
I know you had so many questions, unanswered. Why didn't I contact you when I was alone, desperate, hurting. When my marriage was over. But just as you struggled with the decision to make contact, I ultimately came to a decision that my comfort was not worth tearing up your life. As I grew in my faith I became resolved to let the past be that. The last time I was in your city was as a single mother visiting my brother shortly before my divorce. I looked out over the horizon from his home, that used to me mine, and I knew you were out there. And that was all I needed.
I opened my heart to you, more than I have anyone before or since. Your initial belief about white flag was right and only as you blindly searched for answers did you come to the wrong conclusion.
Even if you do not post a response to this, we will always have a bond through the beautiful words we shared. I wish I would have saved the poems I wrote. A story to be told for sure, but lost.
I know you had so many questions, unanswered. Why didn't I contact you when I was alone, desperate, hurting. When my marriage was over. But just as you struggled with the decision to make contact, I ultimately came to a decision that my comfort was not worth tearing up your life. As I grew in my faith I became resolved to let the past be that. The last time I was in your city was as a single mother visiting my brother shortly before my divorce. I looked out over the horizon from his home, that used to me mine, and I knew you were out there. And that was all I needed.
I opened my heart to you, more than I have anyone before or since. Your initial belief about white flag was right and only as you blindly searched for answers did you come to the wrong conclusion.
Even if you do not post a response to this, we will always have a bond through the beautiful words we shared. I wish I would have saved the poems I wrote. A story to be told for sure, but lost.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home