It has been more than 10 months since I wrote here about closure. That part of my life is closed, but who am I kidding. I will never forget you. How could I? Why would I? During those years you became as much a part of my life... and now my past, as anyone else I have ever loved. It is my own fault that I pushed you away from a friendship. My only solace is maybe that made it easier for you to put me and your memories of us behind you.
The questions of "what if" and "why" may never be answered. But I know it was all one scenario of the butterfly effect I would not want erased.
Would it make a difference if I told you that no one could possibly ever love anyone as much as I love you?
-Evan Treborn (Ashton Kutcher) - The Butterfly Effect
No, those words didn't make a difference in the movie... and they didn't make a difference for us. Our time together was destined to be an unerased chapter in our journals. Memorable, but relegated to the pages of time nonetheless. If either of us could read from those pages and go back to change what happened, neither of us would. We had our chances and choices. We created our memories. We live our lives apart. But still I remember... always.
The questions of "what if" and "why" may never be answered. But I know it was all one scenario of the butterfly effect I would not want erased.
Would it make a difference if I told you that no one could possibly ever love anyone as much as I love you?
-Evan Treborn (Ashton Kutcher) - The Butterfly Effect
No, those words didn't make a difference in the movie... and they didn't make a difference for us. Our time together was destined to be an unerased chapter in our journals. Memorable, but relegated to the pages of time nonetheless. If either of us could read from those pages and go back to change what happened, neither of us would. We had our chances and choices. We created our memories. We live our lives apart. But still I remember... always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home